If you are coming to New Zealand to study for more than three months, you will need a Student Visa.

–-Offer of a place
If you are enrolling in a programme of study for the first time, you need to have an offer of place from a New Zealand education provider.

–-Approved education providers
Your programme of study must be approved by the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) and be offered by an education provider that has been approved by NZQA or the Ministry of Education.

—Confirmation of enrolment
If you are returning to the same New Zealand education provider to continue a programme of study, you may provide a confirmation of enrolment from the education provider instead of an offer of a place.

—Accompanying parents and guardians
You may have to be accompanied by a guardian who will come to New Zealand with you. You need a guardian if you are enrolled in years 1 to 8 of a school, or a student aged 13 or under and enrolled in a private training establishment.

—Health and character
You have to meet health and character requirements and prove that the intention of your stay in New Zealand is genuine.

—Evidence of funds to support yourself
You must show that you will be financially supported throughout your stay in New Zealand.

—Proof that you plan to leave
You must provide evidence of how you will leave New Zealand when you have finished your programme of study.